You can refinance a low doc home loan!
Refinancing a low doc home loan is possible if you are a small business owner or self-employed. Low doc loans are designed for the self-employed who are unable to provide tax returns or full financials. Refinancing your loan can help you to either consolidate your debts, or release some equity in a property.
Note that lenders usually require a minimum of 20% equity in the security property being refinanced however policies vary from lender to lender.
What documents are required by lenders?
Each lenders requirement will vary however they will usually request one or a combination of the following documents:
- Evidence of ABN registration - minimum of 12 months however some lenders accept less
- Income self-declaration which states the amount of income usually received each year.
- Evidence of GST Registration – minimum of 12 month - exception
- Business Activity Statements (ABN) -
- Accountant’s letter - written confirmation from your Accountant clarifying your financial position.
- Business bank statements (main transactional account) usually 3 to 6 months
Benefits and features
Each Low Doc lender will have different lending policies and the interest rate depends on a number of factors including (but not limited to) your overall LVR, property location and loan amount.
Some of the benefits and features offered by the lenders on our panel include:
- Low doc refinancing to pay outstanding tax debts
- Debt consolidation allowed
- Interest Only repayments available
- Defaults accepted
- Cash out allowed – restrictions may apply and acceptable reason/evidence required
- 100% Offset available
- Discounts may be available on Interest rate and fees
- Company and Trust Application
- Investment and owner occupied properties
If you are a business owner seeking to refinance a low doc home loan we can help to evaluate your options and find the right loan for your situation.