Accountants Home Loan

Loan discounts for accountants

Most banks classify Accountants as being relatively low risk when it comes to lending them money. Couple this with their ability to earn a high income, most lenders are often willing to offer them special interest rates and even LMI waivers on Lenders Mortgage Insurance in order to win their business.

What LMI waivers are available?

You can borrow up to 90% LVR without LMI of the value of the property, which could save tens of thousands of dollars on Lenders Mortgage Insurance as long as you meet the criteria for accountant home loan with a possible lender.

Home loan for accountant

What do I need to eligible?

You will need to show that you have membership to one of the following:

  • Chartered Accountants Australian and New Zealand (CAANZ)
  • CPA Australia (CPA)
  • Chartered Financial Analyst Institute Australia (CFA)
  • Institute of Actuaries of Australia (FIAA)
  • Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)

In addition to been a member of one of these industry bodies, you will need to hold a CA, CPA, CFA or FIAA.

Are there any income requirements?

There are s select number of lenders that Do NOT require any minimum income to qualify for this type of loan. Additionally, you will still be eligible for LMI waivers, Interest rate discounts, and other fee waivers.

Lenders that have a minimum income requirement for Accountant loan?

  • Depending on which state in which you live, there are minimum income requirements that you must also meet, in addition to the membership and qualification requirements;
  • WA, SA, NT & TAS- minimum of $120,000
  • NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD- minimum of $150,000
  • This income can be made up of regular income and rental income but is not including the income of your spouse.
  • Spousal income will only be used in this income minimum where the total income (your regular income, any rental income and your spouse’s income) is more than $150,000 and they can show that they are also an Accountant in some capacity. There will also be limitations as to how much you can borrow.

If you are a partner in a firm and borrowing less than 80% of the property, some lenders will allow you to borrow with the reduced minimum income documents. However you must belong to one of the following firms;

  • Ernst & Young,
  • KPMG,
  • Allens Arthur Robinson,
  • Gadens,
  • Henry Davis York,
  • Corrs Chambers Westgarth,
  • Freehills,
  • Mallesons
  • Stephen Jacques,
  • Clayton Utz,
  • PKF,
  • PWC,
  • Deloitte,
  • McGrath Nicol
  • Grant Thornton.

Due to the complexity around being part of a partner firm like the above mentioned companies, and the likelihood that you own a percentage of shares in the company, most lenders will require financials and tax returns for the business in order to verify your serviceability. However, if approached by an experienced broker, we can get you approved with an employment contract or letter from HR explaining your remuneration, and 2 payslips. One of our experts can help you get this requirement waived, so speak to us now!

Speak to one of our experts today about how we can help you get into your dream home and save you money whilst doing so!

Related Links