Home Loan Discounts for Optometrists
- There are home loans with LMI waived for those practicing as; optometrists, ophthalmologists and some medical professionals.
- You must be a member of the Optometrists Association Australia (OAA).
- Most lenders don’t have restrictions on the type of work arrangement that you have as long as you are practicing as one of the above mentioned.
- Please note that LMI waivers are not extended to general practice staff, managers or technicians.
Can I get LMI waived?
- Depending on the value of the property (with a maximum of $4.5 million) you are purchasing, some lenders may let you borrow up to 100% of the value of the property and waive mortgage insurance.
- You may be able to get LMI waived even as a temporary resident, but may only be eligible for 90% LVR with LMI waived.
What can I use the loan for?
- You can use your home loan to purchase properties to live in or as investment; because we work with a select few lenders who will allow you to borrow more up to a maximum of $4.5 million this will mean you can take advantage of the higher borrowing cap.
- We also work with lenders who will allow you to finance to costs for your optometrist clinic; with some even lending you 100% of the cost as long as you can show them that you are an established business (by providing your tax return and financials for the last 2 years).
- They may be able to assist for new optometry businesses as long as you can show them that you have a business plan and evidence of your previous employment as an optometrist.
We know the right people in the field! Don’t waste thousands of dollars and your time; speak to one of our experts and see how we can get you an optometrists loan.